harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Breaking the build again (was Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:38:36 GMT
2008/2/6, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> I was hoping Alexey might comment on this given his involvement in the
> changes but I think it is a good idea to "fix" this now.  Unless anyone
> complains I will take a look at doing it tomorrow.
>
> This will break builds and people will need to "svn switch" their
> commond_resources tree (or remove it and re-populate it if you have
> infinite bandwidth).
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

Sorry, here is somewhat belated recollection: it makes sense to modify
the federated structure a bit further and make common_resources
plugged as svn:externals rather than svn-switch it. This way we'd have
the same versioning abilities plus can benefit reusing same
properties.xml, svn info utilities, etc in the federated build.xml via
direct import.
If you did not yet finish with this, it is a good time to include the
above change as well.

Thanks,
Alexey