harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:42:02 GMT
> Alexey,
>
> I've noticed that after switching federated build to the new DRLVM
> build the HDK bundle size for Linux increased in 1.5 times. For
> example, 617144 is 52M and 617962 is 82M. From the first glance it
> looks like some header files are duplicated and some more file are
> included. Is this intentional change?

Stepan,

The answer is partially yes: the intention is to support HDK
development mode for DRLVM as well. That is, HDK contains all build
artifacts needed for building any standalone component (be it GC, JIT
whatever). So the increase is mainly due to adding static DRLVM libs +
icu4c DSOs. But the latter was not intentional and should be fixed
(~10Mb off). Thanks for noticing!

BTW, currently we also have those icu4c binaries duplicated in
jdk/jre/bin and jdk/jre/bin/default - does classlib still needs them?
Probably drlvm build should automatically check for duplicates and
avoid adding copies to the "default" dir.

--
Alexey