harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:32:25 GMT
2008/2/5, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> Alexey,
>
> Are you planning to rationalise the common_resources/build and
> common_resources/make directories[0]?  Having both of these in use at
> the same time is very, very confusing?
>
> I'm assuming the intention is that working_vm/build will be
> cleaned up and that we'll just use it in a role similar to that of
> working_classlib/build - i.e. not versioned but used to contain built
> artifacts.

That's right, as I said drlvm was a pilot and jdktools/classlib should
also move to using common_resources/make to complete the
rationalization. I was going to perform this transition for jdktools,
just have more priority tasks on my plate at the moment and would not
mind if someone volunteers to help on this.

> [0] To common_resources/make would be my preference
>
> On 5 February 2008 at 9:20, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Excellent!
> >
> > Before we get too comfortable with the changes we might want to think
> > about whether:
> >
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources
> >
> > should really be moved to:
> >
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources/trunk
> >
> > We are going to want to be able to reproduce build so having the
> > capability to use branches and tags might be useful.  And it would
> > be more consistent with the layout of the other svn-switched
> > sub-directories of the federated build.

Sounds reasonable, please go for it.

> > I'll take a look at moving the dependencies in classlib to common_resources
> > but before I force everyone working on classlib to checkout common_resources
> > I'd like to get this resolved so we don't end up breaking it later.

Thanks!

--
Alexey