harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:38:44 GMT
2008/2/7, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> On 7 February 2008 at 15:48, "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Why do you think these differences are so important?
> > Because these issues are regressions :)
> Alexey, I don't think that is fair.
Do not agree with this :)

But
> Regressions are changes that affect
> things negatively and improvements are changes that affect things
> positively.  Some of these may turn out to fall in the middle but many
> of them will turn out to be improvements - i.e. because they are up to
> date and the RI is outdated.
I'm fully agree with this.

We have applications or internal/external test suite failures. And all
of this failures could be regressions or not. And we can not be fully
sure until we will investigate each case.
So if our next milestone build has new failures, does not matter on
applications or test suites, anyone  can say that M5 is worse then M4.
And we could not reply anything on this because we just do not know
are these failures regressions, non-bug-differencies or even
improvements.

Thus I vote to investigate all the new discovered issues caused by
this or any other commit and resolve them.

SY, Alexey