harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nadi...@apache.org>
Subject [OT] Congratulations to Guys on Feb'23!
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:43:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to congratulate men on the *Defender of the Fatherland Day*!
Wishing you all the well: health, wealth and worldwide recognition!

For those unfamiliar with this Russian holiday, The Defenders' Day [1] used
to be "The Red Army Day" to commemorate the first victory of Red Army over
the Kaiser's German troops in 1918. Despite its rich historical background,
the holiday has shifted into  a more generic "Mens' Day" celebration. On
this day, it's customary to congratulate all men you know and allow them do
manly things they like - beer drinking, football watching, arm wrestling, or
whatever it takes to be a man :) The holiday also mirrors the 8th of March,
which is the International Women's Day [2].

As a small token of teamwork, we've come up with a badge/logo thing you can
print out, set as desktop background image, or post on your own custom-made
badge. Note the "three-year" hint in the signature: this year on May'18
we'll celebrate three years since Apache Harmony was accepted in the
Incubator!

Here's the PDF [3]. Please write to me directly if you wish to receive a
vectorized copy and tweak it. Nobody said I'm any kind of a designer, so
suggestions on improvement are very welcome :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_of_the_Fatherland_Day
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women%27s_Day
[3] http://people.apache.org/~nadinem/harmony_circle.pdf
--