harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] difference between compiled code and object data
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:49:44 GMT
Simon, currently, Harmony manages VM data and Java heap separately.
Java Heap is a specific term for the space that is managed by GC for
Java objects. VM data such as VM data structures and  JIT generated
code have their respective management, not managed by GC. They are
interacting in certain contexts, such as class loading/unloading,
etc., where native data have pointers to Java objects or the reverse.
But basically they are independent at the moment.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com