harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools][jdwp] New JVMTI functions for Java 6
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:28:33 GMT
Thanks for your help Eugene.

Take a glance at the new updates of JDWP 6, we may need these
functions in JVMTI. What i have to point out is that this list is not
an very accurate one:

jvmtiError
GetClassVersionNumbers(jvmtiEnv* env,
           jclass klass,
           jint* minor_version_ptr,
           jint* major_version_ptr).

jvmtiError
GetConstantPool(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jclass klass,
            jint* constant_pool_count_ptr,
            jint* constant_pool_byte_count_ptr,
            unsigned char** constant_pool_bytes_ptr)

jvmtiError
GetOwnedMonitorStackDepthInfo(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jthread thread,
            jint* monitor_info_count_ptr,
            jvmtiMonitorStackDepthInfo** monitor_info_ptr)

jvmtiError
ForceEarlyReturnObject(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jthread thread,
            jobject value)
(
# Force Early Return - jint
# Force Early Return - Long
# Force Early Return - Float
# Force Early Return - Double
# Force Early Return - Void
)

And these new JDWP capabilities may need related jvmti capabilites' support.
  	  	canGetInstanceInfo
  	  	canRequestMonitorEvents
  	  	canGetMonitorFrameInfo
  	  	canUseSourceNameFilters
  	  	canGetConstantPool
  	  	canForceEarlyReturn

By the way, i have tried to add GetClassVersionNumbers to our jvmti.h,
and it build and run successfully with IBM VM.