harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JDKTools][JDWP]Let's start JDWP java6 updating
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:49:18 GMT
Hi, all

I have summarized the protocol differences between JDK 6 and JDK 5.
And after going through the JDWP code in trunk 5, it is really well
structured which will greatly facilitate the updates work.
Once Jimmy create the branch, i will start the work if no one object.

    *Command set*
*Command* *Difference* *ReferenceType Command Set* Instances (New)
ClassFileVersion
(New)   ConstantPool (New)  *VirtualMachine Command Set* InstanceCounts
(New)  *ObjectReference Command Set* ReferringObjects (New)  *ThreadReference
Command Set* OwnedMonitorsStackDepthInfo(New)   ForceEarlyReturn (New)
 *VirtualMachine
Command Set* CapabilitiesNew canGetInstanceInfo   canRequestMonitorEvents
canGetMonitorFrameInfo   canUseSourceNameFilters   canGetConstantPool
canForceEarlyReturn *EventRequest Command Set* Set Command Case ClassOnly -
if modKind is 4 (change)   Case ClassMatch - if modKind is 5 (change)   Case
ClassExclude - if modKind is 6 (change)   Case SourceNameMatch - if modKind
is 12 (new) *Event Command Set* Composite Command Case
MethodExitWithReturnValue   Case MonitorContendedEnter   Case
MonitorContendedEntered   Case MonitorWait   Case MonitorWaited   new Error
Constant: THREAD_NOT_ALIVE 15   Some EventKind Constants Updates

--
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM