harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][archive] drop signtool support
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:54:11 GMT
On 2/28/08, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> While people seem busy with developing a Netscape plug-in, I wonder
> what we should do with Netscape signtool support in the archive
> module. The tool [1] itself seems to be dead, and I cannot check if
> HARMONY-204 really breaks that support. It seems so from the comment.
> I suggest either undoing HARMONY-204 changes related to signtool
> support, or dropping the support completely. Thoughts? References to a
> living signtool instance?

Alexei, you most probably right that the tool is not available (at
least I couldn't find the tool's binaries for download). But I'm not
quite sure that Harmony shouldn't support jars signed by the tool (I
don't know how many jars were signed and currently still in use).
Does RI support such jars?

Thanks,
Stepan.