harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Bartek Teodorczyk" <bar...@barteo.net>
Subject Java ME
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:54:35 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to ask about interest in Apache community widening scope of
Harmony project to Java ME.

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Bartek Teodorczyk and I'm a
leader of MicroEmulator (http://www.microemu.org/) project, LGPL
implementation of Java ME written on top of Java SE. It provides MIDP2
and several other mobile JSR implementations. Recently we got a bit
more attention by commercial companies which would like use
MicroEmulator. During some discussions we've got conclusion that it
makes a lot of sense to migrate project to Apache license which is
more attractive for commercial companies, especially in mobile
software world. I truly believe that may also help evolve the project
significantly. We also seriously consider donating the project to the
Apache Foundation.

And go back to the question. I'd be grateful to get some feedback from
Harmony community whether it would be a room for MicroEmulator inside
Harmony project or we should rather start looking into Incubator
procedure?

Best Regards,
Bartek Teodorczyk