harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools][JDWP]using portlib to support JDWP transport/agent?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:24:41 GMT
Hi,

     Thanks Gregory, I find it may not be proper to using java code at
that phase.
     I search the current DRLVM to find what does System.loadLibrary()
exactly do, it traces to kernel_classes
(java_lang_System,java_lang_VMExecutionEngine,etc) and class_support
(classloader),  at last, natives_load_library() in natives_support.cpp
was invoked and called port_dso_load_ex(), then apr_dso_load() (which
was in dso.cpp). This seems a APR method which was implemented in both
windows and linux.
     What's more, I check Harmony PortLib, and find
hysl_open_shared_library(in hysl.c) which was used to load library for
zlib in Harmony. So it seems good for our use to load library for all
platforms(please correct me if I'm wrong).
     To sum up, I'd like to raise 2 possible way to solve the problem IMO:
1. we call the vm method natives_load_library() to load library, which
may requires the vm to export such method and drlvm guru may offer
help for that?
2. we call the portib hysl_open_shared_library() to load the library,
if it does work well for it.

     IMHO, option 2 is better, which makes no dependence on VM and
APR, but only on Harmony Portlib itself.
     Comments/suggestions? Thanks! :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv