harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools][jdwp] New JVMTI functions for Java 6
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:20:02 GMT
Hi,

2008/2/27, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:
> I can build and test the patch with ibm vm and modified jvmti.h. But
>
>  1.Committer cann't build it, since there is no related function in
>  current jvmti.h
>  2. Committer cann't run the test, since our drlvm has not implemented
>  the function.
>
>  So the question is how can i commit the patch to our community?
>  My proposal is i can upload another temporary patch to update the
>  jvmti.h in luni module for testing. And the committer can build it and
>  use ibm vm to test it.

I agree that we can make a little modification in jvmti.h to make JDWP
new code build, but these mock shall not used to pass the testcases
(Do drlvm gurus have a plan on JVMTI uplift?)
And it seems the current ibm vme on Harmony does not support Java6
JVMTI either (Can RI be used for testing?)
However I'd like help to test your patch and commit them. Thanks.

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM