harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JDKTools][JDWP]Let's start JDWP java6 updating
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:13:10 GMT
Hi,

2008/2/22, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com>:
> Hi Jimmy,
>
>  This is a great idea, but I have a feeling there may still need to be
>  some work done on the current version. I have noticed the following:
>
>  1) You cannot launch Harmony with
>  java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=n,address=8888

I notice this and it seems a bug of Launcher and let's add some lines
on Launcher?

>  without specifying a class at the end of the command line. This is not a
>  major issue, just a difference to the RI. If you run the above command
>  line, the launcher short circuits to the launcher command line help and
>  exits.*
>  *
>  2) If I try to launch two Harmony VMs using the following command lines:
>  java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8888
>  HelloWorld
>  java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=n,address=8888 HelloWorld
>
>  I get lots of error output.
>  Server side:
>   INFO: [TransportManager.cpp:204] transport is listening on 8888
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/COMPOSITE[64/100]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  (repeats until I kill the process)
>
>  Client side:
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/COMPOSITE[64/100]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
>  EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
>  (repeats until I kill the process)

Hmm, sorry I focus on unit testcases on the repository and it seems
work quite well on them. Yes just now I have tried the command lines
you offered, and it does appear on my desktop.
>From the error message it seems passing some unknown commands to the
dispatcher(Event Command 99, no such command at all ). I'd like to
take a closer look into it :)

However,  as the updating is focus on protocol updating, it is nothing
much related to this bug IMHO,  at least the new protocol commands are
not. And I suggest writing more unit/standalone testcases on them so
that to ensure the quality. And of course I'll take effect on this
bug.
As a result, I believe we can still go on with updating to java6,
what's your opinion? :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv