harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M5] Code base unfrozen
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:33:48 GMT
Let's keep its quality then - I guess there is a big set of patches ready
for commit (that were accumulated during passed weeks of frozen code) - if
most of them are committed between two snapshot testings running by Stepan
and there will be regressions then

     it will really take time to define the commit caused the regressions
which is ineffective

I do not propose any patch-committing arbitration process - just apply the
common sense: if (say) a major commit is done already today then let's wait
for Snapshot Testing results to see the effect.

Such a practice may be applied not only for "before freeze" / "after freeze"
time, but for regular development time also.

Thanks

Vova