harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] ant target naming consistency
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:59:19 GMT
I'm pretty ok with stand along top-level fetch depends. My proposal is
ortogonal. When any prefetch is strarted then:
* nothing is done if md5sum corresponds to local file
* file is downloaded === 1 time only === if md5sum mismatch or file just
does not exist

> If some dependences is failed to get for the bad network status,
> we had to wait for the long time building.

If the dependency is not resoved (say right after you checkout the trunk
from svs) the slow network will be an issues anyway.

So let's have this simple but important fature for gulity search commit
automation...

Thanks
Vladimir