harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [JDKTools][JDWP]Let's start JDWP java6 updating
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:35:01 GMT
Hi Jimmy,

This is a great idea, but I have a feeling there may still need to be
some work done on the current version. I have noticed the following:

1) You cannot launch Harmony with
java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=n,address=8888

without specifying a class at the end of the command line. This is not a
major issue, just a difference to the RI. If you run the above command
line, the launcher short circuits to the launcher command line help and
exits.*
*
2) If I try to launch two Harmony VMs using the following command lines:
java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8888
HelloWorld
java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=n,address=8888 HelloWorld

I get lots of error output.
Server side:
 INFO: [TransportManager.cpp:204] transport is listening on 8888
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/COMPOSITE[64/100]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
(repeats until I kill the process)

Client side:
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/COMPOSITE[64/100]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
ERROR: [CommandDispatcher.cpp:482] command not implemented
EVENT/***UNKNOWN COMMAND***[64/99]
(repeats until I kill the process)

Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,