harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [milestone] M5 code freeze in effect
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:34:57 GMT
A reminder that the code is now frozen, meaning we are all testing and
discussing must-fix bugs that have a serious impact on declaring the
milestone.  Applying the code freeze ensures that we are not trying to
test a moving target.

As before, defining a bug as "must-fix" in this milestone requires (at
least) two committers agreement.  Of course, everyone's opinion about
the seriousness is encouraged, and if the fix is not deemed to be
trivial then people are encouraged to seek a community review before
committing it -- again to preserve stability.

We aim that this freeze period is no more than a week, but we will move
the release date if necessary to achieve the required quality.

In the meantime, if you really don't want to help testing (and I hope
you will!) feel free log patches in JIRA, or if the work is too large to
manage as a patch we can discuss creating a branch for a sandbox.

Regards,
Tim