harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [feature-freeze] Commits to applet module
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:54:14 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> we are working on FF plugin for Harmony at the moment.

Cool.

> And this job
> requires some modifications to the applet module of class library...
> All the changes will affect the code in org.apache.harmony.applet
> package which was created especially for plugin and is not used by any
> other Harmony code.
> So the changes are safe for current Harmony functionality.
>
> I think it will be ok to commit there during feature freeze.
> Any objections? Thoughts?
>
> We probably can create a branch...

The goal of feature-freeze is to ensure that testing we do now is not
obsoleted by introducing new functionality that invalidates the work.
I trust that if you are sure that this is sufficiently well isolated
that all the current testing and fixing won't be disrupted then I'm
happy for you to continue making progress.

It will be different next week when we get a bit more paranoid about
introducing last minute regressions.

Regards,
Tim