harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm][signals] New heuristics for crash handler
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:33:13 GMT
Tim Ellison said the following on 12.02.2008 22:32:
> Gregory,
>
> Is this appropriate during feature freeze?  Looks like significant new
> functionality.

Oh. I didn't realize the _feature_ freeze started up already! I only
remembered the date 15th of February from your email. I must have not
read it carefully enough. The good thing is that this is not a _feature_
per say since crash handler had problems printing good stack traces on
x86_64, so it could be called a bug to some extent. On the other hand,
if I was aware about the freeze, I'd hold on committing such big change.

> Do you guarantee all this code going to work perfectly ?! <g>

Well, the code in question is targeted to work only in case of a crash
which shouldn't happen in the first place. So I hope it is not critical
for general stability. If any regression is noticed, I'll revert this
commit.