harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] A better javadoc?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:34:52 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Nadya Morozova wrote:
>> I won't get your hopes too high, but if you really need this, I can play
>> some tricks to make these docs more readable by:
> <snip>
>
> I wouldn't say that we "really need this", but it seems a shame that we
> don't have any user-level code documentation linked from the website.
>
> Poking round a bit further, it seems that JDocs now has JavaSE
> documentation in quite a nice style.  I'll drop them a note to see if
> there is a way we can use their service for Harmony docs...

I have spoken to the guys at JDocs, and they are more than happy to host
our documentation -- which is very generous of them.

It simply means modifying our doc scripts to call their custom Ant task,
and uploading the results to their website.  The formatting etc. looks
really good, and there is a chance for people to provide feedback and
enhancements, so I think it is a great opportunity for us to showcase
the user-level doc (i.e. public/protected APIs).

Unless there is any objection I suggest we go ahead with this, and I'll
generate a test set of doc to upload.

As usual, patches and improvements to the javadoc comments are most
welcomed (send in via JIRA as ususal).

Regards,
Tim