harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:26:35 GMT
Ivan Popov wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008 8:48 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>>> Tim, try now.
>>> I've broke tools a little... and fixed it now...
>> I don't see any incoming changes that would fix this.
>> The jdk tools build fails for me at r618290.
>>
>> Where is "com.sun.jdi.VirtualMachineManager" defined for you?
>
> This interface is defined in jdimodel.jar, which is included in
> archive eclipse-JDT-3.3.zip. According to old build this archive was
> downloaded to common_resources as an external dependency and
> corresponding jars were extracted to working_jdktools/deploy/jdk/lib .
> But I did not check this with new build, so it's just a hint.

Thanks Ivan.

I found that I had the eclipse-JDT-3.3.zip in the common_resources, but
for some reason the build script had not extracted jdi.jar and
jdimodel.jar.  It appeared that the dependency mechanism decided it was
already up to date.

I touched the eclipse zip and it all started working again.  Although I
tried to break it again I couldn't (*).

I've now successfully built the entire federated build.

Regards,
Tim

(*) I was ranting about the common_resources duplication in make/ and
build/ though -- I see Mark has posted the considered version.  Thanks!