harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject [build] ant target naming consistency
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:32:10 GMT
Does anyone object to normalizing the names of the Ant targets? The
mixed use of '-' and '_' is starting to push me over the edge. As an
example, here's the targets available in the top-level of the
federated build.

 build-all        build complete implementation
 bundle_src       assemble source snapshot
 default          setup and build complete implementation
 make-snapshot    setup and build complete src + binaries set
 populate_source  checkout the class library and VM source trees
 reset            removes vm and classlib dirs and resets

I'd like to just use '-' across the board.

We can maintain the previous targets for a while via redirects and put
in some deprecation statements.

-Nathan