harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] is libxtst-dev a recently added requirement
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:39:01 GMT

On 10 February 2008 at 0:12, "Nathan Beyer" <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to run a build on a fresh Linux (Ubuntu) box and ran
> into an error about not finding "-lXtst". This seems to be a part
> of the libxtst-dev package, but that's not listed on the build
> pre-requisites, at least not yet. I wanted to check before updating
> it. Once I installed that package it built.

I'm sure we've had this discussion before but ... rather than relying
on unversioned .so files (such as libXtst.so) which are generally
only found in developer packages, we should be loading/linking known
good-versioned runtime libraries (such as libXtst.so.6).  It may be
necessary to attempt to load more than one - such as libXtst.so.5 *if*
someone has tested that this works - but that would be acceptible
and more reliable than the current pot-luck loading of unversioned
libraries.

Regards,
 Mark.