harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where could msvcr71d.dll appear from? Was: Breaking the build again (was Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force)
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:16:21 GMT
On 8 February 2008 Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Gregory, thanks!
> Now I understand.

Actually now that I think about it what I wrote is not true :(

The free Express version available from MS is MSVC 2005. MSVC 2003 is not
available for free for quite a long time by now, so getting msvcr71d.dll is
possible only from internet mirrors that allow you to download any kind of
dll files but probably violate MS distribution policy.

Harmony can be built using MSVC 2005 on win32 but it requires some hacking of
native code and build files. I used to "turn off" awt, swing, imageio, print
and some other class library modules that use API marked as "deprecated" by
MS.

As for using debug versions of binaries, the only way is to install commercial
version of MSVC 2003.

--
Gregory