harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Breaking the build again (was Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force)
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:00:23 GMT

I've made this change at r619373.  The federation build.xml has also
been updated and the transition here is smooth.  (Although you get
branches, tags, and trunk in common_resources when you update, the
svn_switch fixes this when you run ant.)

If you have other copies of common_resources checked out you should run
update and run svn switch to fix them.  For example:

  bash$ svn info |awk '/URL/ { print $2 }'
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources
  bash$ svn up
  bash$ svn switch \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources/trunk

Alexey,  I agree with Tim.  The semantics of svn:externals aren't really
suitable for branching and tagging.

Regards,
 Mark.