harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Breaking the build again (was Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:02:23 GMT

I was hoping Alexey might comment on this given his involvement in the
changes but I think it is a good idea to "fix" this now.  Unless anyone
complains I will take a look at doing it tomorrow.

This will break builds and people will need to "svn switch" their
commond_resources tree (or remove it and re-populate it if you have
infinite bandwidth).

Regards,
 Mark.

------- Forwarded Message

From: Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:20:50 +0000

Excellent!

Before we get too comfortable with the changes we might want to think
about whether:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources

should really be moved to:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/common_resources/trunk

We are going to want to be able to reproduce build so having the
capability to use branches and tags might be useful.  And it would
be more consistent with the layout of the other svn-switched
sub-directories of the federated build.

I'll take a look at moving the dependencies in classlib to common_resources
but before I force everyone working on classlib to checkout common_resources
I'd like to get this resolved so we don't end up breaking it later.

- -Mark.

------- End of Forwarded Message