harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] new DRLVM build system came into force
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:53:03 GMT

On 5 February 2008 at 19:42, "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com>
wrote:

> BTW, currently we also have those icu4c binaries duplicated in
> jdk/jre/bin and jdk/jre/bin/default - does classlib still needs them?

Classlib doesn't need them.  The IBM VME is hardcoded to load
ICUInterface34 so that one is needed but it would be trivial to create a
stub to keep the IBM VME happy[0].

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] "gcc -shared -o /tmp/libICUInterface34.so /dev/null" would probably
    work though I've not tried it and I've no idea how to do the equivalent
    on windows.