harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: pack200 status
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:25:13 GMT
Hi Pascal,

As Alex said the implementation is not yet complete, although we've done a
large proportion of unpack and Andrew and I are continuing to make good
progress.  Pack isn't started at all though, so that's quite a long way in
the future unfortunately if you were looking for both.  We don't have any
Java 5 dependencies that I know of, or none that can't be easily refactored
anyway.  We also don't depend on any other parts of the Harmony class

On 25/01/2008, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008 2:54 AM, Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@ca.ibm.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > In eclipse we are thinking of shipping an implementation of pack200 with
> > some of our configurations.
> > Therefore I have the following questions:
> > - Is the implementation complete?
> > - Is the code written using java 5 features?
> > - Does the code depend on a lot of other parts of the class libraries?
> The implementation isn't complete yet, no. I've not been keeping tabs
> on the precise status, but it's not complete :-)
> When I started, I ensured that there were only Java 1.4 features used;
> I'm not sure if that's still the case.
> The .classpath doesn't list anything else other than the standard Java
> libraries, but I'm not sure - there was talk of dependency on BCEL at
> one point, but I don't think that was taken forwards.
> This is my current understanding; Andrew's been working on it a lot
> though so he'd know if I'm wildly out.
> Alex

Unless stated otherwise above: