harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][testing] Size of test input files
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:47:51 GMT
It's not really about using something of a certain size, it's more about
making sure we're testing with as wide a range as possible of different
bytecode combinations, class file attributes and things like inner classes
and java 5 features etc.  Also if I generate source material I'm only
testing things I've thought of (which is more likely to work anyway since I
wrote the code).  Using large real-life programs tests things that I haven't
thought of and should also mean that the test coverage will be much higher.