harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r616241 [1/3] - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk: ./ make/ make/extra/ make/resources/ make/tests/ make/vm/
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:38:53 GMT
2008/1/29, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@apache.org>:

> I have a question about new build system. The patch is quite big, so I
> better ask it here. There were several patches to APR and LOG4CXX on
> windows and linux. The old build system copied patched files into APR
> and LOG4CXX source trees with "build update" command. Looking at the new
> system I can't find the place where it patches APR and LOG4CXX, so I
> want to make sure you didn't forget to add this step. Otherwise there
> are going to be some bugs in threading and porting code that aren't
> easily found.

Gregory,

Thanks for catching this - somehow I was sure we contributed the
patches back to APR so omitted this step. Now I'll fix the build, but
believe we should not keep the patches private for a long.
Log4cxx patches were dropped since r443504 (2006-09-15), that was a
huge bulk update so history is obscure.

Besides these, there are HYPLUGIN patches - I'm not sure they are relevant now.

--
Alexey