harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] managing external dependencies
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:18:52 GMT
2008/1/18, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> I've committed r612947 with the trickiest part of the icu dll
> restructuring now.  Hopefully I've not broken too much.
>
> A clean (pre-fetch-depends) classlib svn tree shrinks from 542M to just
> 265M.  Of course, some of it will be added back by fetch-depends but
> even so that is a massive improvement.

Well done, thank you!

> Thanks to Tim for prompting me to do this - though typically it turned
> out to be a can of worms[0].

There is no evil without good, and
Well begun is half done ;)

Actually, I'm also experiencing some troubles implementing the subject
proposal, stumbled at trying to fit everything and everyone :(
Finally decided to pilot the drlvm first, then see how to approach
jdktools and classlib.

--
Alexey

> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> [0] http://www.answers.com/topic/can-of-worms
>
> On 17 January 2008 at 11:31, "Alexey Petrenko"
> <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, Mark!
> >
> > SY, Alexey
> >
> > 2008/1/16, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>: