harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] A better javadoc?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:19:21 GMT
Hi,

I won't say I'm a vigorous fan of Doxygen for fear of being disliked by Java
programmers, but I think a tool that parses both C and Java code is
preferable for a project that has both. I've used Doxygen for a while now,
and although some things might get tricky and you have to do stupid things
to have output your way, Doxygen is generally rather good. My expertise is a
bit more limited in regard to Javadoc.

Perhaps, if you gave specific examples of what you want to achieve, i'd say
whether and how it could be done. I don't know any freeware auto-generation
tools that do as good as these two. I've wanted to use a commercial tool
DocOMatic on a different project (just out of curiosity, why do they want us
to pay $1000 for it?) - but failed, because the tool had no free trial!

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, we don't have much choice in API
documentation generation tools. We could tweak the existing tools, and/or
post-process the resulting docs to get the results we want.
I'd be happy to see somebody prove me wrong, so that we get a better tool
for our docs.

cheers,
nadya

--