harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] How to iterate MOS?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:33:59 GMT
On Jan 30, 2008 6:18 PM, Yuri Kashnikoff <yuri.kashnikoff@gmail.com> wrote:
> By copying modified code of gc_gen_iterate_heap() here I've tried to
> understand how to iterate heap in different situations. Sorry, if this
> is inappropriate. But the problem mentioned above is still exist
> (without iterating mutator list and assigning block->free).

Yuri, simply copying gc_gen_iterate_heap()  doesn't work, because the
heap state could be transient during collection. Especially for the
second insertion, it is in the middle of a transition from a minor
collection to a major collection, so the objects' states are not
consistent.

Does your original code without mutator iteration work for you to
iterate live objects in MOS?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--