harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] Question about references and fields.
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:47:40 GMT
Yuri, to get reference field you need different approach. Object field
meta info are kept in its class structure. From an object, you can get
it's vtable pointer (VTable*), from vtable pointer you can get its
class structure (Class* or Class_Handle). Assuming you have the
Class_Handle of a class _clss, then you can iterate its fields by
following routine:

  unsigned int nfields = class_number_fields(_clss);
  unsigned int i;

  for(i=0; i<nfields; i++){
    Field_Handle field = class_get_field(_clss, i);
    char* field_name = field_get_name(field);
  }

Please play around to be familiar with the APIs.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com