harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: latest stable packages JRE packages - jre-r603534 (M4)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:37:44 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

On 1/15/08, Konstantin Lupach <konstantin.lupach@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I gave a try these packages on Linux IA32 host with RHEL3 update 6 and
> noticed that both apache-harmony-jre-r603534-linux-x86-32-libstdc++v6-
> snapshot.tar.gz and
> apache-harmony-jre-r603534-linux-x86-32-snapshot.tar.gzrequire
> libstdc++.so.6. Was the 2-nd package built in a wrong compiler
> environment?

Yes, you are right - both packages depend on libstdc++.so.6.
Sorry, I missed that - OSes on the build hosts were upgraded and now
libstdc++.so.6 is linked but still ICU libraries by default go with
libstdc++.so.5 dependency.

I think this is the right time to start publishing binaries with
libstdc++.so.6 dependency only.
Mark, you have committed ICU built libraries in
depends/libs/linux.x86.libstdc++6. How we can get the same for x86_64
platform?

> The 2-nd question is about libstdc++ dependency. Why not to incapsulate this
> VM libraries dependecy? It can be either linked statically or if you want to
> reduce libraries size it is possible to put it to the build directory and
> provide a single IA32 package instead of 2 stdc++ dependent as it is done
> now.

Yep, this issue was discussed some time ago. Any VM guru want to comment this?

-Stepan.