harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pack200 status
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:17:06 GMT
On Jan 25, 2008 2:54 AM, Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In eclipse we are thinking of shipping an implementation of pack200 with
> some of our configurations.
> Therefore I have the following questions:
> - Is the implementation complete?
> - Is the code written using java 5 features?
> - Does the code depend on a lot of other parts of the class libraries?

The implementation isn't complete yet, no. I've not been keeping tabs
on the precise status, but it's not complete :-)

When I started, I ensured that there were only Java 1.4 features used;
I'm not sure if that's still the case.

The .classpath doesn't list anything else other than the standard Java
libraries, but I'm not sure - there was talk of dependency on BCEL at
one point, but I don't think that was taken forwards.

This is my current understanding; Andrew's been working on it a lot
though so he'd know if I'm wildly out.

Alex