harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sound] What is the status of sound module?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 03:27:25 GMT
Hi,

    As discussed before, I'm trying to merge a java-sound
implementation Tritonus with Harmony. In fact I've done some study so
it seems Tritonus + Harmony works well (at least at Linux, and some
further work on windows shows that not much problem).
    The main blocker here is legal issues. Tritonus is a LGPL project
and the authors has commited that they will re-license it to
Apache/BSD license so that make it possible to merge Harmony together.
Currently they are working on this, telling 3rd party material from
their owned code. It has a little long and I may mail them and ask the
if there's some schedule on this.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv