harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [performance] quick sort is 4x slower on Harmony
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 05:07:32 GMT
On Jan 4, 2008 12:07 PM, Endre StĂžlsvik <Endre@stolsvik.com> wrote:

> > The main reason is that I didn't want to mention all copyright and
> license
> > issues here. It's GPL licensed code, and db4objects owns the copyright.
> > don't think everyone here is allowed to read GPL code at will.
>
> What a sick world.
>
> Too bad you posted it two posts later, then - hopefully those folks cut
> their eyes out right away..

If you are/have been working for some big companies, you should know the
policy. If I posted the code here, maybe I got blame:

How can you post a GPL-licensed code here?

> > The code on the blog entry is indeed slower on Harmony. Harmony is
> young,
> > and moving fast. Do we need to hide problem if there's a problem? I
> think
> > the archive of this mailing list can be also searched by many search
> > engines. Shall we also forbid to use any 'bad' words here?
>
> No - you must not have read my email.
>

> > But if you think the blog entry is not objective, it's another story.
> The
> > code in the blog is indeed slower and it's deterministic.
>
> In one month time it will probably (hopefully!) not be accurate, but
> your blog entry will still be there, without any context - people will
> find it, and wonder - "say, Harmony must suck really hard..". Which
> probably is the sane thing to think, given that there is no context to
> view the statement in.

I just wondered to add Harmony revision to the blog post, but since we're so
concerned about the "slow" and "immature" of Harmony, I deleted the evil
post.

> I probably should stop repeating myself now.

I would not like to discuss this topic either. Sorry that my reproducible
test doesn't help DRVLM guys to tune the performance, but slanders Harmony.
We have lots of other more important things to do than finding out the
reason/purpose of a blog post of a Harmony contributor.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

db4o - database for Android: www.db4o.com