harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:29:03 GMT
Hi, guys!

Sure, correctness is important, but performance is important too. I
had profiled both versions (clean and patched) and see no significant
difference there: there are more GC happens what I believe connected
to internal ICU object creation and such. So, there are no obvious way
to maintain the same performance level, and may be we will try again
to eliminate ICU usage from the hotpath of frequently used workloads -
but previous investigation shows it's not that simple.

Tony, please go ahead with committing this patch, we will deal with
ICU performance issues a little later.

Thanks,
Aleksey.