harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:08:25 GMT
Yep, Tim, you're right. I believe that new implementation fixes a
number of bugs and will try to get it not degrading. I just want to
maintain the performance level of current trunk on the same level,
gradually fixing functional bugs. I don't like to sacrifice
performance of HEAD revision for non-critical bugfix. That is, I want
to see HEAD changes like this:

"high performance, minor bug -> high performance, no bugs"

rather than

"high performance, minor bug -> low performance, no bugs -> high
performance, no bugs"

...because anyone could get the HEAD Harmony revision for performance
measurements at any time.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Aleksey,