harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] HashMap optimization (again)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:35:54 GMT
Tim,

a little update here. I have managed to split problematic method into
two chunks, I will attach new patch to JIRA in few minutes. So far the
picture is following:

Windows x86_64:
 100% Harmony-clean
 97.7% Harmony-clean + H5374 (old)
 99.6% Harmony-clean + H5374 (new)

Windows x86:
 100% Harmony-clean
 97.9% Harmony-clean + H5374 (old)
 99.6% Harmony-clean + H5374 (new)

I will spend more time considering what can be done to beat current
implementation, gathering new profile and making accurate
measurements. But since there is a little degradation remain, I would
propose to wait some more time for clearer picture. What do you think?

Thanks,
Aleksey.