harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] A better javadoc?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:01:44 GMT
Hi Dan, long time no see!

bootjvm@earthlink.net wrote:
> Personally, I have liked using Doxygen because
> I am able to use the same style of documentation
> comments in both Java and C code, not to mention
> using the external hook to for a custom filter to
> document scripts, Makefiles, and the like.
>
> What specifically are you looking to do?
> It has been quite a while since I reviewed
> our Doxygen-based source code, so I am
> not up on the latest, but the Doxygen control
> file can do some amazing stuff.  Is there something
> specifically that is an issue?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert in Doxygen, but I have a
list of things that I can't get it to do.

However, it is the general documentation style I was thinking about.  In
this world of interactive Ajax-style browser apps it seems arcane to be
ploughing through lists of types and members.  I was wondering if there
was some tool that would have good search facilities, good
visualization, etc.  I guess that is a whole new project...

I ran our class library code through Doxygen, with some tweaks to the
default configuration, and have uploaded the results here [1].

Sure would be good to get rid of the package visible types/members etc.

I guess it doesn't understand annotations, non of them are documented.

The output is really messy IMHO, take a look at [2] and try to parse it!

Hopefully I'm missing a trick, 'cos I don't really like this style at all.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~tellison/classlib_doc/html/
[2]
http://people.apache.org/~tellison/classlib_doc/html/classjava_1_1util_1_1Collections.html#87a725849b23be563766487a32a287b5

Regards,