harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r616241 [1/3] - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk: ./ make/ make/extra/ make/resources/ make/tests/ make/vm/
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:01:01 GMT
Alexey Varlamov said the following on 30.01.2008 8:38:
> 2008/1/29, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@apache.org>:
>> I have a question about new build system. The patch is quite big, so I
>> better ask it here. There were several patches to APR and LOG4CXX on
>> windows and linux. The old build system copied patched files into APR
>> and LOG4CXX source trees with "build update" command. Looking at the new
>> system I can't find the place where it patches APR and LOG4CXX, so I
>> want to make sure you didn't forget to add this step. Otherwise there
>> are going to be some bugs in threading and porting code that aren't
>> easily found.
>
> Gregory,
>
> Thanks for catching this - somehow I was sure we contributed the
> patches back to APR so omitted this step. Now I'll fix the build, but
> believe we should not keep the patches private for a long.
> Log4cxx patches were dropped since r443504 (2006-09-15), that was a
> huge bulk update so history is obscure.

Ok I see. For the APR stuff, I think it requires investigation whether
the changes were accepted. Maybe we could upgrade to the newer version
than currently used 1.2.6. Also we may decide to drop using APR since I
have an impression that it doesn't fit in many places (in case you want
to discuss it, let's start another thread).

--
Gregory