harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [doc] A better javadoc?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:42:28 GMT
I have been running doc tools over our code to generate developer API
documentation.  I tried both Javadoc and Doxygen.

I'll admit that I'm not too keen on the Doxygen output style for Java.
Maybe I'm just not used to it, but I find it hard to navigate and
visualize the code structure using their pages.

While the JavaDoc output is more familiar to most people, it too is not
great.

I wonder, in this world of rich client side functionality, is there a
documentation tool that renders javadoc comments in a smarter and more
usable style?

Regards,
Tim