harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony in ASF infra
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:32:12 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> I raised HARMONY-5424 to track this.  On first look it appears to be
> similar to the problem we had starting JIRA, which turned out to be a
> 'creative' layout of the Manifest.mf file.

(replying to myself ;-)

Yes, here we go again.  The Manifest.mf that Harmony barfs on looks like
this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Jakarta Maven
Built-By: Aslak Helles√ły
Package:
Build-Jdk: 1.4.1_01

Name:
Specification-Title: odmg
Specification-Version: 3.0
Specification-Vendor:
Implementation-Title:
Implementation-Version: 3.0
Implementation-Vendor:

Note that the section Name: is blank, which according to the spec [1] is
permitted, by a combination of

   value:                          SPACE *otherchar newline *continuation

   individual-section:             Name : value newline *perentry-attribute

etc

The fix is trivial.

Unfortunately, after fixing this we only get a bit further before:

Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Error -6 getting next zip entry
         at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZFEnum.getNextEntry(Native Method)
         at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZFEnum.nextElement(ZipFile.java:271)
         at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZFEnum.nextElement(ZipFile.java:1)
         at
java.util.jar.JarFile$1JarFileEnumerator.nextElement(JarFile.java:234)
         at
java.util.jar.JarFile$1JarFileEnumerator.nextElement(JarFile.java:1)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.tldScanJar(TldConfig.java:461)
         at org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.execute(TldConfig.java:38)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.processTlds(StandardContext.java:437)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4144)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:114)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:114)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:70)
         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
         at
java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
         ... 3 more

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html

Regards,
Tim