harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] harmony launch failed on AMD Geode LX
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:37:35 GMT
SeongCheon, Kang said the following on 22.01.2008 20:29:
> I Installed Apache-harmony-jre-603435 on AMD Geode LX based system board
> (PC Engines ALIX.1C) that is installed xubuntu 7.10.
>
> I executed Equinox OSGi service platform and harmony just prints out
> 'illegal instruction' after 10 seconds. But, 'hello world' works well. :-)
>
> And, I installed Sun JRE 5. Equinox OSGi service platform works well on it.
>
> What's the problem? Anyone has tested on AMD Geode LX or/and xubuntu 7?

I think it may be because it doesn't support SSE according to wikipedia.
To make sure that it is the case you can use gdb to print out the
failing instruction like

(gdb) x/1i $eip

and see what it shows and where this instruction appears (whether it is
in generated code or in Harmony compiled code).

Also you can try to run the application in interpreter mode using -Xint
option for VM.

--
Gregory