harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] managing external dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:20:20 GMT
I just updated to r613866 (from being a bit behind doing the merge work)
and when I ran fetch-depends it failed in the way Stepan described:

File depends/libs/windows.x86/icu-3.4/icu-3.4.zip has incorrect md5
checksum.
     Expected: 4ab256e309d1ceb9779b10cf32c79dab (or )
     Found:    f8b46d05e08ca98e42738f159ae1dd40

So I deleted the depends/libs/windows.x86/icu-3.4 directory and fetched
the dependencies again (and it worked).

Regards,
Tim

Mark Hindess wrote:
> Could someone with windows who has run a build since r612947 but before
> r613291 please test the patch attached to:
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5405
>
> I'd like to check that it correctly forces people to get the updated
> zip file (containing a .lib file) and that the rest of the cleanup
> in the patch[0] doesn't break the build.
>
> Thanks,
>  Mark.
>
> [0] There were two separate sections in the build-native.xml copying
> the icu link-against libraries - one for z/os .x files and one for
> windows .lib files.  The .lib file was also copied in to the hdk on
> linux which was a little bit pointless.
>
> On 17 January 2008 at 19:44, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I've committed r612947 with the trickiest part of the icu dll
>> restructuring now.  Hopefully I've not broken too much.
>>
>> A clean (pre-fetch-depends) classlib svn tree shrinks from 542M to just
>> 265M.  Of course, some of it will be added back by fetch-depends but
>> even so that is a massive improvement.
>>
>> Thanks to Tim for prompting me to do this - though typically it turned
>> out to be a can of worms[0].
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.
>>
>> [0] http://www.answers.com/topic/can-of-worms
>>
>> On 17 January 2008 at 11:31, "Alexey Petrenko"
>> <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks, Mark!
>>>
>>> SY, Alexey

>> om