harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] new header dependency in awt on Linux - x11proto-xext-dev
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:00:38 GMT
Egor Pasko said the following on 18.01.2008 17:47:
>> In the docs it should be written that if some header ... is not
>> present, it the package x11proto-xext-dev should be installed,
>> otherwise it may confuse people who are using distros that provide
>> this header in other package.
>
> Igor Stolyarov said in FC it is the same, Debian has the same. Why
> bother? gentoo? :)

Well, as I've written, it doesn't exist on SuSE too.

>> The killing of cp1251 characters may happen because XML header
>> specifies encoding="ISO-8859-1".
>
> hmmm

I found the cause of the problem. It was velocity.properties file that
didn't specify charset for IO. I changed it to UTF-8 and converted
russian text to unicode. Now files are converted just fine.

Editing localized files should be done in UTF-8 too.

>> Hmm... looking at this charsets mess I wonder why we didn't use
>> Unicode from the beginning...
>
> +1

I switched all XML and HTML headers to UTF-8 to allow localized text.
The incorrect windows-1251 charset is replaced by it now. Please let me
know if I broke something, it was quite a big update.

--
Gregory