harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] new header dependency in awt on Linux - x11proto-xext-dev
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:52:58 GMT
Egor Pasko said the following on 18.01.2008 14:04:
> Dear website gurus,
> please, add another need-to-install package "x11proto-xext-dev" to the
> "Getting Started For Contributors" page ([1], [2]) right after the
> "libxml2-dev". This is a new dependency introduced after commit of the
> HARMONY-5394.

Which header does it actually require? I built class library on SLES and
Gentoo after HARMONY-5394 and I didn't install any additional packages.
So this x11proto-xext-dev package is probably specific to the distro
that you are using (Ubuntu?).

In the docs it should be written that if some header ... is not present,
it the package x11proto-xext-dev should be installed, otherwise it may
confuse people who are using distros that provide this header in other

> I tried it, but when rebuilding the HTML pages ant (anakia) is wild at
> killing all windows-1251 (Russian) symbols. I cannot figure out how to
> solve this locale problem (=lamer).

It looks like all generated files now have cp1251 charset (Windows
cyrillic). I don't think it is supposed to be this way, this charset is
now set for English text as well. The charset cp1251 comes from Nadya's
change at 601834 where she changed site.vsl.

The killing of cp1251 characters may happen because XML header specifies

Hmm... looking at this charsets mess I wonder why we didn't use Unicode
from the beginning...

> plz, commit or give a hint how to do that :)
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html
> [2] http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.ru.html

View raw message