harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:21:30 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Yep, Tim, you're right. I believe that new implementation fixes a
> number of bugs and will try to get it not degrading. I just want to
> maintain the performance level of current trunk on the same level,
> gradually fixing functional bugs. I don't like to sacrifice
> performance of HEAD revision for non-critical bugfix. That is, I want
> to see HEAD changes like this:
>
> "high performance, minor bug -> high performance, no bugs"
>
> rather than
>
> "high performance, minor bug -> low performance, no bugs -> high
> performance, no bugs"
>
> ...because anyone could get the HEAD Harmony revision for performance
> measurements at any time.
>
> What do you think?

For sure, improving performance and fixing the bugs is the most
desirable state.  I actually don't mind some minor performance
regression on HEAD between releases provided it is an area being
actively worked upon.  I'd also like to get to 4.2Mb source code
reduction too ;-)

If you and Tony are happy to work on the patch to get it perfect then go
ahead.  I hope it is not too troublesome to keep it in synch.  You could
also consider a branch in SVN.

Regards,
Tim